Based on prices, mortgage rates and soaring rents, there may have never been a better time in real estate history to purchase a home than right now. Click here to read the five major reasons purchasers should consider buying a home right now!
Come by pre-superbowl and check out this tastefully renovated 4 bedroom split level home in Springfield. Nothing to do but move right in! Jitney to Short Hills train station. 8 Christy Lane, Springfield. Off Milltown Rd. $579.
Given the low inventory and rising prices in 2013, I predict our local real estate market will ROCK in 2014! And economists from the Federal Reserve agree. “Current inventories of homes for sale are low given more than a year of house price appreciation,” concluded the study Fed by economists William Hedberg and John Krainer released recently. “County-level data suggest that many homeowners are waiting for prices to rise further in their markets. Markets that have seen the strongest house price appreciation and job growth are the ones where for-sale inventories have declined the most.”
Dramatic Price reduction for 8 Wellesley Rd. in Maplewood, now at $400K! Come join me this Sunday, May 19th, from 1-4pm for the public open house and check out the best buy in the Tuscan neighborhood!
451 Elmwood Ave. Maplewood. 3BR, 2BTH, central air, $450K. SOLD!
While other realtors will chew your ear off on why you should move to Maplewood, it may not be the right move for everyone. I’ve compiled my top 10 reasons to move from Brooklyn to Maplewood and 5 reasons why you shouldn’t:
- Your own backyard. Never again will you have to turn on the National Geographic channel to see what grass looks like. Plus you’ll love to BBQ while the kids run around in your own safe private space.
- Great commute! Midtown direct (no need to change trains) and a roughly 30 minute train ride.
- Your own driveway. No alternate side of the street parking rules! And it’s really convenient when returning from the grocery store.
- Great schools! No waiting lists or application process for middle & high schools. Your child is guaranteed a space in your school district.
- South Orange/Maplewood Adult School! Take a class, brush up on a foreign language, even learn to sew. I made my own window treatments for my daughter’s room after taking the sewing class!
- A pantry. Never go hungry or be unprepared again. 12 boxes of pasta, a case of chick peas, 50 rolls of paper towels from Costco, you get the picture.
- Property taxes are still cheaper than NYC private school tuition.
- Town pool! Several pools, swimming lessons, and good food.
- Great restaurants! Maplewood has several critically acclaimed restaurants.
- Your friends have already moved here!
5 reasons why you shouldn’t move:
- Lack of access to good, cheap, ethnic food at any hour. Good luck getting Thai food or a Falafel at 11pm.
- It gets quiet. You may have a hard time falling asleep without the constant sound of white noise aka traffic and various sirens from emergency vehicles.
- The Mid-Town direct comes every half hour as opposed to the F train which comes every 8 minutes.
- You’ll need to buy a car. I loved walking everywhere and shopping my way down Court St. from Atlantic to Carroll Gardens, but 10 years and two children later, the novelty wears off and it becomes quite appealing to throw bags in the trunk.
- Driving issues. Where else can you find signs on the highway all saying “Turnpike” with 3 arrows pointing in 3 different directions? Also, be prepared to take all left turns from the right lane (jug handles) and if you miss your exit, it may be several miles before you can turn around. And when you figure out what exit 15X is off 95, and how to access it from either direction, please let me know. It’s been almost 10 years and it’s still a mystery to me!